Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Pettit Family


I guess we need to start from the beginning. . . where Jesse and I met. We met through friends but as I moved to Arizona and transitioned through groups of friends I always heard of the name Jesse Pettit. His name always seemed to come up when talking about childhood memories with my guy friends. So in June of 2006 just a week after Jesse got back from his mission we met. He was on a trip down from Utah and was meeting up with a few of his friends that i was hanging out with. I finally got to meet "The all and famous Jesse Pettit" . .. and so it began. After flirting all night and most of the morning it was time to leave and Jesse asked for my number. Being the flirt that I was I told him no. . .. and him being the recent returned missionary wouldn't take no for an answer. He told me that he would just have to get my number from a friend, Shaun. He called me a few weeks later and from then on I stopped wanting to go out on weekends and preferred staying home to talk to Jesse. He was a nerd - big time. . . and I loved it! Well after a couple months things started to look a bit more serious, but I had the desire to serve a mission. . . and also a desire to be with this "nerd" for forever. So we had to make a choice. . .. after consulting with Jesse he said hands down serve a mission. . . I didn't really know what to think of his response :) I was called to serve in the Chile, Osorno mission. . . .wow it brings tears to my eyes even thinking back on my mission. . . to say the least I loved it! Each and every area and companion that I had I loved. I learned from them and I am more than grateful that I served a full-time mission. As my mission came to an end Jesse was the farthest thing from my mind. . . I thought for sure I wouldn't marry him . . . . but i would give him a few pity dates :) I knew he was a wonderful boy but. . . I just didn't feel anything for him anymore.
It took him about 5 days to change my mind. He let me know about two days after I came home that his intentions were to chase me and marry me. And that's exactly what he did. Less than a month from being home Jesse asked me to be his wife- and me . . . being speechless for the first time in my life nodded in agreement to be his wife. We were married 3 months later and this is how our happily ever after begins. We are the Pettit Family


















2 comments:

  1. yeah for blogs! add me to your blog list... when you get one.

    stuwilsonfamily.blogspot.com

    love ya
    shana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading your blog! Wonderful. Love the picture on the train. Don't let Jesse borrow your sleeping bag and take it to Mexico EVER. That's all...

    ReplyDelete