Saturday, April 3, 2010

Lasik Eye Surgery


So I have been wanting Lasik eye surgery ever since I heard of it. It has always been such an inconvenience wearing glasses and contacts. My glasses were always falling off and got quite beat up while I was on the mish. And when I would wear contacts there was always some piece of dust that would get caught in them. So my sweet husband decided to research the matter and we found Horizon Lasik Eye Center. I got one of the best surgeons in the world, Dr. Christian. I went in on February 10th they took lots and lots of tests, gave me a nice "happy pill" that gave me a bad taste in my mouth, waited about 20 minutes for it to go into effect and then I was off to the surgery. They laid me down and put a nice cozy blanket on me and I'm pretty sure they even gave me a teddy bear. . .I was pretty out of it. All I had to do was focus on the red light that was above me they opened my eye and made a small incision- which by they way I could see that it was happening but I couldn't feel a thing! After that I heard a loud thumping sound and a smelt a little burning and after about two minutes I was finished with that eye and it was on to the next. My left eye was a little bit more difficult to keep focused on the red light, my eyes kept wanting to roll in the back of my head, but I fought through it and after another two minutes I was done with that eye too. I was SUPER sleepy I could hardly walk! Luckily my hubby was there to tow me along. Right after the surgery I could immediately see better than I could before! It was still foggy but after a few checkups we were on our way home. I slept that entire day long I had to wear these funny bug eye shields over my eyes every time I would go to sleep for the next week. The ONLY thing that gave me a slight discomfort was a slight headache in the back of my eyes. It felt similar to having allergies. I took an Advil and it went away. When I woke up the next morning I could see almost perfectly! Good enough to drive to school and everything! My eyes were a little bloodshot because in the surgery they needed to suction cut my eyes so they wouldn't move. After about three weeks my eyes were better than normal 20/15 vision in both eyes! I love it! I know I sound silly but it feels like a miracle! I CAN SEE!!! I can see when I wake up in the middle of the night and need to go potty. I can see my sweet husband in the morning. I just love it! It was the best thing ever! If your ever considering eye surgery check it out. It doesn't hurt at all. BUT you have to do your research. In the state of Arizona and most other states for that matter you don't have to be a certified eye surgeon to do Lasik eye surgery. That mean you can't just go with the cheapest guys out there or you might mess up your eyes for forever or at least have to go back and get it done again. But overall a way good experience I would definitely suggest getting it done I absolutely love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment