Monday, August 15, 2011

One month

 So I did a photo shoot for Calvin's one month, I just haven't gotten around to blogging about it so here it is. He is an absolute angel of a child and is such a blessing to have in our home. At his one month check up, he is in the 50% in all aspects (yes my son is average) except for height, where he is in the 90%!  Super tall baby?!? Whose kid is this? Heaven knows he doesn't get that from Jesse or I (well, I guess he did unless unless something Biblical went down).  25 inches and 10lbs of adorableness. This kid is seriously such a perfect baby. Eats like a monster, anywhere from 5 to 7oz per feeding, sleeps for 6 hours at a time, and when he does wake up he just grunts a bit to let me know he's hungry. I know it's cliche but his cry is even cute, not shrill or annoying. He snorts a lot of times at the end of a good holler, which melts my heart. In addition, he has super strength, holding his head up like a champ. While visiting the pediatricians office, we told the doctor that he rolls over, front to back/back to front, and she didn't really believe us.  Then, while she was checking him out and he flipped onto her hand. She was stunned! Babies aren't supposed to do that until 4 months. I like to think our kid is advanced, but I'm pretty sure every parent feels that way about their kid. He seems to be aware of the things that are going on around him like when I talk and he starts flopping all around.  I love this little boy!  We are so blessed to have him in our home.

The photo session was a lot of fun while Calvin wasn't crying (life is hard for teeny tinies!).  He most definitely didn't enjoy the bright lights, the cold, and being naked half of the time. Cosette at Still Life Studios did an amazing job despite his protestations. All I wanted in our first family photo was for us to have a mustache picture. Mission accomplished! Yes I know: I'm a nerd.  I'm positive that I haven't always been this way.  I blame Jesse because it seems he has rubbed off on me in our 2.5 years of marriage. :)
Below are some of my favorites. Calvin has already grown so he doesn't look like a newborn anymore. He's changing every day.  It's exciting to see it happen but kind of sad at the same time. We love our little boy!












No comments:

Post a Comment