Thursday, February 2, 2012

Color Run 2012

One of my New Years resolutions is at the end of 2012 I will run a half marathon (here's to hoping).  I'm not a runner.  I ran track in high school and got injured my sophomore year. So besides the few races I did compete in this is the first race I've ever done.  Well, if you even want to call this a race, it wasn't timed and there were a lot of congestion points where pretty much everyone stopped. But, it was 5k and I'm proud of myself!
Before
At different times during the run we would go through a tunnel of colored cornstarch. I would forget to close my eyes, mouth, and nose and it would be very unpleasant, but they said it wouldn't do any harm, so what if I'm still blowing purple boogers out of my nose, that's okay... right?
The paint was really easy to get off, if you didn't sweat, or didn't try to wipe it off with a wet wipe first and end up staining it on your face/ body. Who does that anyways?  I'm sure there was instructions somewhere that I didn't read.  Instead I just looked like I was in an abusive relationship.  Bruised from head to ankle. The blues and purples with the yellows and greens make the perfect combination for bruised looking skin.

After


I really did have a lot of fun and I am looking forward to the many races that I will run this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment