Thursday, November 24, 2011

5 Months

Calvin is 5 months already? What happened to the tiny little infant baby boy we just met a few months ago? Calvin is already showing signs of being more precocious than we had prepared for.  He's forming opinions on just about everything and lets us know when something is out of pattern.  He especially has a favorite book he wants read to him for bed time and a particular blanket he wants to sleep with. Calvin also recently starting to laugh socially and it's hilarious. Jesse and I will be laughing about something and he'll start laughing too.  He also laughs when we make scary faces at him which, if you're lucky, will turn into nervous cries.  He will wrap his arms around my neck and give me a big hug, in the process however, he will also grab two big handfuls of my hair.  It takes quite a bit of convincing to get him to let go.  He LOVES his daddy.  When Jesse gets home from work Calvin will get a big smile on his face and will watch him until Jesse comes and picks him up.  Rolling has become a way of life for Calvin as well.  The new-found mobility is a double-edged sword - I will hear him crying in the morning only to find he rolled over onto his tummy and got stuck against the side of his crib.  I'm really, really hoping that he stays in this less-mobile stage for a bit longer as I'm not ready to baby proof the everything up to 3 ft in my house quite yet. :)











1 comment:

  1. You son is just adorable! Even in his last crying picture...so so cute!

    ReplyDelete