Monday, January 2, 2012

Calvin 6 months

 Oh my sweet baby boy Calvin is 6 months old.  I was about to publish the post and I looked away for a few seconds and with just a few pats on the keyboard and Calvin had erased my entire post. I guess he did not approve.  I can't believe he is already 6 months! Isn't he supposed to still be a newborn? We took him to the doctor for his 6 month wellness check up and he had LOST weight! He is at 14.8 lbs. What a turd! I mean I tell him all the time that I want him to stay little but he is the same weight he was at 3 months old.  So we are trying to fatten him up.  I'm feeding him every hour and a half to two hours.  He's starting to eat cheerios. He doesn't quite have the finger dexterity to feed himself yet but he's getting there. We have started feeding him carrot mush too.  I'm personally hoping that the carotene from the carrots will give him a bit of color, because knowing who his parents are he is doomed to have pale white skin for all of his life.
He is starting to sit up on his own, well it's more of a balancing act, but he does it well. He is such a happy boy! He laughs and giggles all the time, he chirps like a Cockatiel.  He will often grab my face and then let out a big happy chirp, it warms my heart. He loves playing peek-a-boo and gives a good deep stomached laugh whenever we "re-appear".
He has always been a really extra good sleeper.  Ever since day one he has only wanted to wake up once in the night to nurse and that's it. As of late he is getting up about an hour after we put him down and he doesn't want to go back to sleep. He is also getting up 2 more times during the night to nurse.  I know I'm pretty spoiled to be complaining about getting up 3 times during the night, but it's a big change!  He get's really grumpy when we leave his room. He has the whole Trust verses Mistrust stage going on and so it's hard to find that median between comfort and helping him learn to sooth himself.
 He's such a sweet baby, I'm grateful to be his mom and watch him learn so quickly.  He makes me happy.


Sitting up all by himself


 Here is Calvin's first taste of carrots

 

Apparently Calvin REALLY likes limes 

No comments:

Post a Comment