Monday, January 23, 2012

I am the Luckiest

I over heard someone say "I'll be happy when..." and I got to thinking, I don't really have any of those thoughts of "I'll be happy when..." I don't have the grass is greener on the other side complex.  My life is pretty green. Greener than I ever could have imagined was possible. Let me back up for a moment. When I was young I thought that when you get married you just kind of deal with your spouse.  I thought that you pick a mate that you could stand being around for a long time, someone that didn't annoy you too much.  I didn't think that it was possible to have a life without yelling, arguing, criticizing, or depression of some sort.
When I got married to my amazing husband I thought that I just became the LUCKIEST woman in the world.  I have absolutely no idea how I got such an amazing husband. I married up. I married a nerd. A nerd who is under the impression that he married up (silly boy).  He has never raised his voice.  He loves to serve in every opportunity available.  He is the kindest person I have ever met.  He doesn't hold grudges or think unkind things about people.  He is smart, like really smart. Smart with computers, anything school related.  He is one of those guys that knows a good amount about a lot of things. He likes to learn new things, which is a rare trait.  He has an amazing voice and he plays the piano very well.  He is hilarious and I love even his stupidest jokes.  He makes me feel special.  He likes my cooking.  He is the most amazing dad to our sweet son Calvin. He plays with him and likes to read him stories.  He jumps at the opportunity to feed him new things.  He makes Calvin laugh. And what I love most, he loves me. I can be completely myself around him (the real me is kinda scary- stinky toots, a cackle for a laugh, sometimes questionable cooking, I'm super awkward). Anyway I hold nothing back from him and yet he still adores me.  It baffles me how I got to be so lucky.  I thought that I just couldn't be any happier. It wasn't possible. I just married the perfect guy for me my heart couldn't possibly hold more joy than that, and then we have our little baby boy Calvin.
Calvin melts my heart.  I love how his eyes smile as he chirps with laughter. I love how he reaches for me, even when he's not hungry or tired.  I love knowing that he is our son, we are a family and we always will be.  I love knowing that he is going to be such a good big brother someday (not anytime soon that I know of).  He seems like he is going to be so responsible.  I love how smart he is, he is learning so much so fast! I'm so proud of my son already. He has such a special spirit and I know that the Lord has big plans for my little Calvin.
Yesterday we have been married for three years. My whole life changed when I married and got sealed to Jesse.  I'm honestly the luckiest girl in the world. I have no idea what I did or how I did it, but I'm grateful.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment